My first post for 2014 and the first post on my new site will be a bit different than what I want this blog to become. But I thought it would be a good way to say goodbye to what I’ve done and hello to the new year and what’s to come.
This past year has been a whirlwind for me:
- I started cooking dinner every night to get my son eating something other than mac and cheese and pb&j! Paleo and whole food meals have become a staple in this house.
- I continued on a path back to a healthier lifestyle, continuing to loose weight and gain strength.
- I turned 40. Woohoo! I was very blessed to have my Mom, Sister, Brother and Aunt Mary here to celebrate with me.
- I traveled to St. Petersburg, Russia, for the second time and realized traveling solo is not for me. I prefer to have someone to share the adventure with and the memories when you are home. Thanks again, Dad, for hanging out with the grandson who seems to be just like you!
- I said goodbye to my Grandfather, who will be deeply missed and fondly remembered.
- Went to the beach and caught up on on reading some of my favorite author’s books. (If you haven’t read anything by Jasper Fforde you are missing out!)
- My husband returned from his second deployment to Afghanistan.
- Went camping in the Shenandoah National Forest.
- My son turned 6 and started 1st grade~in the same week.
- I welcomed another niece to our ever-growing family. Hello, Elizabeth!!!
- I went to one of my cousin’s weddings. (First time this worked out for both me and my husband, yah!)
Congratulations again, Ryan and Emily!
- Ran the Color-Me-RAD 5k with my husband and son. Yes, my 6-year old son! He blew us away by running/sprinting the whole way with us.
- Changed my blog to WordPress ~ bear with me as I learn all the ins and outs of this new platform.
- I decided on a name for my blog/website/brand that I am happy with: MichelleAnn Studio. I change way too much to go with anything else. 😉
- I finally had enough inventory to send some things to my sister-in-laws’ open house.
Check out their site on etsy ~Simple Family Gifts.
- Finished a commission for my Mom. Pendants that pay homage to her childhood (and current) home, given to her sisters.
- Successfully created my annual Christmas Ornaments for my nieces and nephews ON TIME!
- We started looking for a house to buy (still looking.)
Yes, it has been a year full of a rainbow of emotions and memories.
I’m looking forward to 2014 mainly because there are a lot of changes on the horizon which I can’t wait to share along with all the inspirations that come with them.